Monday, March 2, 2009

Ambiguous Toyota description avoids Unit rage

A little common sense goes a long way, so does:
lying about insurance details, lying about incident specifics and not trying to tail-gate a taxi in wet weather.

All three i have accomplished today. (happy face)
I shouldn't really be too excited about the whole scenario, but the money isn't coming out of my pockets (I'm poor) so I'm slightly left of center when considering the circumstances.

Last night i was even planning to write a blog about how awesome and sleek my car was, until today, at about 5pm, i decided to take my awesome girlfriend home when i imagined a giant squid eating the faces off all the drivers around me, when i got a tad too close to the taxi ahead of me.
The damage is not extreme but the taxi driver was, he was calm and all, but he had some shifty slick hair and looked like he had been smoking meth for the past 10 years.

I gave him some slightly accurate insurance details and basically bailed.

Then some numbing fear came over me, "shit, i have to tell my dad (unit)".
Since my dad paid for insurance and the car, i basically smashed up his redbox, but luckily I'm pretty good at instantaneous truth-bending.

'Apparently' there was a middle aged woman, following me closely in a green/blue/teal Toyota four-wheel-drive, and as we were pulling up to stop she reached for her phone and began to nudge me at rolling speed, this in turn lead to me rear-ending a new Mitsubishi taxi, and there goes my K.Rudd stimulus package... awesome

This isn't insurance fraud either, I've taken full responsibility, it's just that my dad doesn't like me smashing his shiny things...

note: i will put up pix soon of my redbox

1 comment:

  1. taxi cab drivers are foreign and used to european autobahhns

    poor redbox! : (

    ReplyDelete